Since then, the Open Exchange Rates API has been continuously improved, which led to a perfect excuse to not only make an update but also to make an overall review of the library.
Not long ago, I wrote a post about the need of a free service that provided a variety of information related to currencies who led me to Open Exchange Rates: Real-time exchange rates for developers!
At that time I also mentioned how I had a couple of projects in mind related with the library I wrote then, curiously, one of these projects also matched a need felt by others: improving/automating the way how exchange rate updates are made in SugarCRM projects.
Two months later, more or less, I’m back with news regarding these projects: a few minutes ago I’ve released publicly, and more important, freely, my two first SugarCRM packages.
Last week I was surfing the web looking for a free service that provided a variety of information related to currencies, namely: a list of currencies, their Iso4217 values and their exchange rates.