Since then, the Open Exchange Rates API has been continuously improved, which led to a perfect excuse to not only make an update but also to make an overall review of the library.
Not long ago, I wrote a post about the need of a free service that provided a variety of information related to currencies who led me to Open Exchange Rates: Real-time exchange rates for developers!
At that time I also mentioned how I had a couple of projects in mind related with the library I wrote then, curiously, one of these projects also matched a need felt by others: improving/automating the way how exchange rate updates are made in SugarCRM projects.
Two months later, more or less, I’m back with news regarding these projects: a few minutes ago I’ve released publicly, and more important, freely, my two first SugarCRM packages.
Last week I was surfing the web looking for a free service that provided a variety of information related to currencies, namely: a list of currencies, their Iso4217 values and their exchange rates.
What you need to do is inject some logic to clear selected field values before the view is displayed.
Like all other stuff made in SugarCRM, this process also depends on what type of module you’re hacking, in other words, the place where you’re going to write the logic depends if you’re hacking a custom module or a core one.
Usually people tend to use strotime() indiscriminately, without being aware of its limitations. Although it is an awesome function, it needs to be used with care, otherwise it may lead to unexpected behaviors.
Thanks to DRI, this year I’m attending the event!
Usually people tend to do a retrospective on the past year and set new goals for the new year at the beginning of the year.
In order to counteract this trend and taking advantage that today is my birthday, I’ll do this today.
2010 was a nice year, on a personal level it was quite ok ’cause I managed to acomplish most of my 2009 main goals: